Treat your acne, pimples, wrinkles and other skin problems with Banana Peels.
Hoax or Fact:
The message suggests application of Banana Peel as a natural treatment for acne, pimples, wrinkles and other skin problems. It is possibly fact.
Rubbing the inside of a banana peel for few minutes on your skin until the peel turns brown is thought to soothe the dry skin and help treating Acne, as well as heal the Acne Scars, and reduce the appearance of fine lines, Pimples and Wrinkles. Application of banana peel over skin is also thought to cure dry skin, reduce inflammation, improve skin tone and texture, and thereby also help in reducing Psoriasis. Further, banana peel is thought to help in curing Warts and may also help in healing Hemorrhoids because of its sugar content that helps them shrink.
How is it Used
- Gently massage the inner side of a banana peel over the effected area of skin until the peel turns brown and leave it on for about 30 mins. After your skin has absorbed it completely and is dried out, clean your skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the above process for 2-3 times on a daily basis, until your skin condition becomes normal.
- For best results, use ripe banana peels that are fresh (yellow in color), and leave the application over night, to wash it off next morning.
How does it Possibly Work
A banana peel is rich in Potassium and other Antioxidants, including Lutein, which may help in protecting our skin from sun damage. It also contains esterified fatty acids, which are in fact separated and used in lotions (Exorex lotion) used for treating eczema and psoriasis.
So when you apply a banana peel over affected skin, it will dry out gradually and your skin will absorb the vitamins and nutrients in the peel. This way the skin infection or other condition is weakened slowly and cannot grow anymore.
However, it should be noted that the aforementioned health benefits of applying Banana Peel over skin are reported based on personal accounts. So more research is needed to verify the extent of its effectiveness on various skin conditions. Nevertheless, it is worth a try, because it is a natural, chemical-free alternative, which is also economical. Like any other natural remedy, it should also be noted that the effect of this natural treatment can vary from person to person, and in accordance with his/her skin condition. Also, in rare case of complications, we advise people to seek professional medical assistance at the earliest.
Interestingly, Banana Peel has few other uses as well:
- Whitening your teeth. Read about it in detail here.
- To stop the itch from insect/bug bites.
- As Shoe Polish - The inner side of banana peel makes a great shoe polish. You just need to rub it around your shoes and then clean it with a white cloth.
So next time when you are throwing away a banana peel, see if you can use it wisely.