Please read if you eat shrimps - Very Educative:
A woman suddenly died unexpectedly with signs of bleeding from her ears, nose, mouth & eyes. After a preliminary autopsy it was diagnosed that death was due to arsenic poisoning.
Where did the arsenic come from?
The police launched an in-depth and extensive investigation. A medical school professor was invited to come to solve the case. The professor carefully looked at the contents. In less than half an hour, the mystery was solved. The professor said: 'The deceased did not commit suicide and neither was she murdered, she died of accidental death due to ignorance!'
Everyone was puzzled, why accidental death?
The professor said: 'The arsenic was produced in the stomach of the deceased.' The deceased used to take 'Vitamin C' everyday, which in itself is not a problem. The problem was that she ate a large portion of shrimp/prawn during dinner. Eating shrimp/prawn is not the problem that's why nothing happened to her family even though they had the same shrimp/prawn. However at the same time the deceased also took 'vitamin C', that is where the problem was!
Researchers at the University of Chicago in the United States, found through experiments, food such as soft-shell contain much higher concentration of five potassium arsenic compounds.
Such fresh food by itself has no toxic effects on the human body.
However, in taking 'vitamin C', chemical reaction occurs and the original non-toxic elements change to toxic elements.
Arsenic poisoning has magma role and can cause paralysis to the small blood vessels. Therefore, a person who dies of arsenic poisoning will show signs of bleeding from the ears, nose, mouth & eyes. Thus as a precautionary measure,
Do Not eat shrimp/prawn when taking 'vitamin C'.
After reading this; please do not be stingy. Its our duty to take care of our friends. Re-share to your friends...
Hoax or Fact:
The message talks about an incident and claims that Vitamin C users who eat Prawns i.e Shrimps risk Arsenic poisoning, that it can lead to bleeding and death. This is not a fact.
The message claims that Vitamin C reacts with non-toxic potassium arsenic compounds of food and converts into Arsenic, thereby causing poisoning and bleeding, followed by sudden and violent death. This is not a fact, it is not possible. Although Arsenic intake is poisonous, it is a basic element and can not be formed in this way, by the combination of Shrimp and Vitamin C. Prawns may contain low levels of arsenic as a naturally occurring element in the environment, but it is not dangerous in general, our body can handle it. And if this story was really true, there would have been several reports of such poisoning and death cases; because there will be many such people who eat this healthy sea-food and also take Vitamin C supplements.
Moreover, the picture that comes with the story is no way related to any Arsenic poisoning case. It is actually that of an Iranian woman named Neda Soltan who was shot and killed during election protests in 2009.
Therefore, eating prawns/shrimps while taking vitamin C is not poisonous, the message is a hoax. It need not be shared.