“7 Dangerous acts after a meal”
1. Don’t smoke — Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)
2. Don’t eat fruits immediately — Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruits 1 -2 hours after meal or 1 hour before meal.
3. Don’t drink tea—Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein content in the food we consume to be hundred thus difficult to digest.
4. Don’t loosen your belt———- Loosening the belt after meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.
5. Don’t bathe— Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs and body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease, this will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
6. Don’t walk about— People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.
7. Don’t sleep immediately— The food we intake will not be to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric and infection in our intestine…
The message suggests various don’ts after taking meals, claiming that they are dangerous. It is a mixture of hoax and facts.
Cigarette smoking is harmful to smokers and nonsmokers, whatever the time of smoking is. Cigarette contains more than 55 carcinogens and its nicotine content makes it addictive. Although there is no evidence to prove that smoking cigarette after meals will make it 10 times more dangerous, studies among smokers have shown that it tasted the best, was the most enjoyable, and desirable when compared to normal cigarette smoking. These results suggest that chances of increased cigarette smoking and getting addicted to it are high, which makes it dangerous in the long run.
2. Eating Fruits
Fruits are low-calorie, healthy foods packed with vitamins, nutrients, fiber and water. So they can be had any time, before or after meal. Stomach bloating can only happen with some people who are suffering from acidity problems, when they have eaten too much, especially with citrus fruits like oranges and grapes.
There are also claims that when you eat fruits after having food, the fruits stay back in the stomach along with the food for longer time, ferment and rot, as a result of which there will be no use of eating fruits. This is not a fact either. Fermentation of food requires bacteria, but the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid in our stomach kills off any such bacteria before they can initiate fermentation.
So healthy fruits can be taken any time, but it’s important to check how much you can take them.
3. Drinking Tea
Drinking tea in general is helpful, but right after meals can interfere with your digestion process. Also, drinking any tannin containing beverages like tea can lead to iron deficiency, especially when your diet consists of vegetable foodstuffs mainly. Therefore, it is better to avoid Tea or even coffee, at least for 1 hour before and after meals.
4. Loosening Belt
Loosening your belt after meals will not lead to twist or block in intestines in general conditions, but it stands as a measure of healthy eating. You loosen your belt when you over eat, to make yourself comfortable, but this in turn may indulge you into over eating and stomach bulging, which can lead to obesity in long run. Therefore it is better to avoid loosening your belt so as to eat healthy and keep your stomach flat and fit.
When you take a bath immediately after meals, your digestion process suffers. This is because while taking bath, especially a warm one, some of the blood from your stomach area will be diverted to the skin. Therefore, it is advisable not to take a bath at least until 30 minutes of eating meals.
It is a fact that walking immediately after meals is not a good idea, because it can result in digestion problems like acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking for at least 10 minutes after 15-20 minutes of taking meals is known to be good for your health. It will not only adjust your metabolism by burning some calories, energy and maintain a normal blood sugar range, but also will give you fast and deep sleep. But it is important to note that it should only be a nice and leisure walk, accompanied with your friends or family to make it enjoyable.
It is never a good idea to sleep immediately after meals, because when you do that, you are diverting the acids in your stomach from digesting the food you have eaten. This can not only lead to digestion issues like reflux disease and obesity, but also sleep apnea, which again has risk of stroke. It is always a healthy habit to sleep after 1 or 2 hours of taking your meals.
You can share this important health awareness.
Hoax or Fact:
Mixture of Hoax and Facts.
Cigarette Smoke Carcinogens
Study of cigarette craving after meals
The best way to eat fruit
Effect of tea on iron absorption
Tea after meal not good for digestion
University of South Carolina – Eating and walking advise
Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk