Girl Slams HCL on Receiving Appointment Letter 3 Years After Being Recruited.
1. This girl rejecting HCL job offer like a boss, After receiving appointment letter 3 years after campus recruitment.
2. Oh Yes! This girl rejecting HCL offer like a boss.
3. A brave girl rejects an HCL that was just 3 years too late - and cites reasons :))
Hoax or Fact:
An image set of pictures circulating online through social media sites claims to show that a girl rejected her job offer in HCL (Hindustan Computers Limited) like a boss after receiving the appointment letter 3 years after her campus recruitment. Yes, the story is a fact!
According to a 24 May 2015 article published on firstpost.com, Facebook user Siddhant Mehta put up the screenshot of pictures with a caption ‘Oh Yes! This girl rejecting HCL offer like a boss,' in which the girl G. Shivani enlisted her reasons for refusing the job. We have seen the screenshot also appears on a reddit.com post and on twitter.com in November 2013 and went viral on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Shivani was recruited in September 2011 by HCL through campus placements along with 40 other people, but the irony being, the girl received her job offer from the Company only after a gap of three long years! Furthermore, she was reportedly asked to respond within three days. Extremely angry Shivani not only rejected the job offer, but also lashed out at the HCL Company when they asked her to enlist her reasons for not wanting to join the company. She slammed the company in her response, mentioning their batch of students had to miss all the recruitment drives of other companies, and also pointed the lack of apology from the company for such a long delay in sending the recruitment letter:
Reasons for declining the offer:
1. I was recruited along with 40 people in September 2011 during campus recruitment. After the recruitment, we missed out on all the opportunities to attend all the recruitment drives of other companies. Do you even realize you have spoiled the lives of bright, intelligent minds whom you recruited?! Do you realize that you have ruined the lives of so many poor indian students whose families were relying on the student’s job for next day bread?
2. It seems very obvious that you are rolling out the appointment letter based on the current market condition of the company. Given the history of the company, I know that you will push people out of the company the moment the market condition gets worse. It is also evident that your stocks will crash because no company can last long in the market with such an unethical foundation.
3. It is almost 3 years after the recruitment you are sending this appointment letter. I even forgot that I was placed in HCL. Moreover, you are asking me to accept the offer in 3 days while you took almost 3 years to send out your joining date?!?
4. I am appalled by the treatment you give the candidates you recruited! You send out the joining letter this late and you don’t even mention an apology from your side for it??
For a company of good (former) reputation, I am shocked at how HCL treats its future employees.
Thanks for teaching patience to me.
Happily declining the offer.
Incidents in Past Too
In March 2013, many such campus recruits left behind by Hindustan Computers Limited (HCL) Technologies staged a protest outside their corporate office in Bengaluru. Despite being issued Letters of Intent in 2011, they did not get appointment letters from the Company. Notably, the protests were part of the second nationwide protests where over 5,000 such engineering graduates of 2011 were demanding their jobs. Back then, HCL Technologies delayed the joining dates by at least five times officially.
Like mentioned by Shivani, such a delay in recruitment by campus recruiting companies can hamper the future of bright, intelligent students and affect the lives of poor students who work hard for the jobs to support them financially.