!!!!! ATTENTION !!!!
Here is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex . In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result.
It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it's how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it.
Microwaves don't work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature.
So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these 'Safe' appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it's safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!!!
Microwaved water kills plant in home grown experiment.
Hoax or Fact:
The message talks about a science experiment conducted by a secondary school student that consisted of watering two similar plants with water boiled on a stove and that boiled in a Microwave oven. The plant that was fed boiled and cooled water from microwave oven has supposedly died after few days - as shown in the pictures. The message concludes that microwaved water kills plants. It is not a fact.
The experiment described in the message was actually a simple 6th grade student's science fair project, and was not intended to be anything more than that. There will be several variables to be considered, and there could also be various reasons for the death of the plant. The two plants could have been in different condition initially, the soil used for them could be different, the external environment could be different, the container used for boiling water in microwave could have contaminated it, and the water fed to both plants may not be cooled down properly at same temperatures. Anyone of these can hinder the growth of the plant and result in its death.
To draw such a conclusion, more experiments have to be done, they have to be done under same control features, and they should be double blind studies. Only then we will know the actual effect of microwaved water on plants. Following these claims, there came up many experiments posted online that proved microwaved water did not kill plants. Water heated in a microwave oven will have the same structure and energy when it is treated the same in a gas stove, electric stove, or even a wooden fire. Coming to the cases of deaths due to blood transfusion after heating it in microwave oven, this is not because of any DNA damage as mentioned, it happened because of non-uniform and accelerated heating of the blood in microwave that causes the cells to breakdown. So the claims saying microwaved water kills plants are hoax.
Nevertheless, there can be few possible health concerns while using microwaves, which also includes uneven cooking of food - more so when the microwave machines are not used the right way. From the reference section below you can read basics of using Microwave ovens properly, and from the document here, you can learn about safe Microwaving in detail.