Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas: Facts


Picture about Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas
Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas

Story: 

Do you use Gas for cooking? Please read this and take note. Let this not happen to you. This could be a common mistake in any household.

This shocking accident happened recently. A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How it happened:
The gas cooker was on and cooking in progress. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to put out the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.

Let us understand that:
All insect killer sprays such as “Raid”,”Baygon”, Nuvan etc have highly volatile and inflammable solvents. The atomized nano spray particles spread very rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.
Please educate your family & Friends about this and spread the word around….Please share this post, who knows you might save more than a life..

Picture about Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas
Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas

Analysis:

The message claims to describe a fire accident where a housewife died due to burns sustained in kitchen after she used insect killer spray to kill cockroaches near sink, while cooking on gas stove. The incident is used as an example to warn people not to use insect killer sprays near gas stoves or flames, as they contain highly volatile and inflammable solvents. The authenticity of the incident is undetermined, but the message conveyed as warning stands valid!

Origin of Story

The story seems to have first originated from a post in the web forum citeHR.com that described the fire accident to have happened on 13th May 2011 in Pune, India. Although such an incident is not unlikely, there are no other sources, news sites or others, to confirm the authenticity of the incident.

Notably, the same version of story is floating online across countries like India, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Kenya — mentioning different dates of the incident.

Caution Valid

Like many compressed gas products, home insect killer sprays generally come with a caution warning users to keep them away from heat, sparks, open flames and incandescent materials. People are also cautioned to store them in a cool, dry area, and not to puncture or incinerate the container after it becomes empty, also because it is better to recycle if available. As a general rule, when you buy any chemical product, you have to read and follow the safety guidelines mentioned in the product description.

Hoax or Fact:

Undetermined story with valid message.


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

Comments 0

Woman Died of Burns Using Insect Killer Spray While Cooking on Gas: Facts

log in

Don't have an account?
sign up

reset password

Back to
log in

sign up

Captcha!
Back to
log in