Technology
HoaxOrFact.com
  • Register
 

Can ELECTRICITY pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body? - Facts Analysis Can ELECTRICITY pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body? - Facts Analysis Hot

Can ELECTRICITY pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body? - Facts Analysis

Story:
" Must Read" " Must Read" " Must Read"
Can Electricity pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body??? Yes it is 100% true..!
This is a true incidence reported of a boy aged 19, who was studying in 1st year of engineering, who died in Keshvani Hospital, Mumbai. He was admitted in the Hospital as a burned patient. Reason ??????
This boy had gone to Amravati (a place located in State of Maharashtra ) on a study tour, on their return they were waiting at the railway station to catch the train. Many of them started taking pictures of their friends using "Mobile Phones" and / or "Digital Camera". One of them complained that, he was unable to capture the full group of friends in one frame in the Digicam.
This boy moved away to a distance to get the whole group.

He failed to notice that at an angle above his head, 40,000 volts electrical line was passing through. As soon as he clicked the digital camera? 40,000 volt electricity current passed through the camera flash light to his camera and then from his camera to his fingers & to his body. All this happened within a fraction of a second. He went through a serious electric shock because of his camera and his body was half burned.
They arranged for an ambulance & his burned body was brought to Keshavani Hospital, Mumbai. For one & half days or so he was conscious & talking. Doctors did not have much hopes as there was a lot of complex issues in his body. He passed away later.
Now how many of us are aware about these technical threats & dangers? Even if we are, how many of us are adhering??

Now should we call ourselves as educated and knowledgeable people?
* Please avoid mobile phones on petrol outlets.
* Please avoid talking on mobile phones while driving.
* Change that "Chalta Hai Yaar Attitude".
* Please avoid talking on mobile phones while kept in charging mode without disconnecting from wall socket.
* Please do not keep mobile phones on your bed while charging and / on wooden furniture.
* Avoid using mobile phones / Digital cameras near high voltage electrical lines like in railway stations and avoid using flash.

Hoax or Fact:

Hoax.


Analysis:
The message talks about an electric shock accident of a person while clicking a photo using camera flash under high voltage line, claiming that electricity passed from the high voltage line to his camera flash light and then to his body. The accident mentioned in the story do not come with credible proofs to support it. Research says that for current to carry it should pass through air,

but air has enough resistance to block it. And electricity cannot pass through light since light is made from photons that cannot conduct electricity, thus a camera flash could not conduct electricity. A simple example is the sun light that is  already falling on a 400 KV line which does not harm any person standing near it. Power can not pass through light, if that was possible, then we would get wireless power supply to our homes. Therefore, electricity cannot pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body and cause you electric shock. Having said all that, one must avoid being very close to power lines as they can induce electric arc up to few centimeters.

Usage of mobile phones at gas stations became questionable after a supposed fire accident in Indonesia 1999, when a driver was burned and his car was damaged as a result of cell phone explosion. However no such accident was officially reported. CTIA, the International Association for the Wireless Telecommunications Industry stated that "There is no evidence whatsoever that a wireless phone has ever caused ignition or explosion at gas station anywhere in the world". Couple of incidents that are circulating through YouTube videos and emails are reported to have caused either because of faulty mobile phones, spark that started as a result of static electricity in gas tanks, or due to the lit of cigarette. Read complete report in the reference section. However, as a safety measure the mobile and petroleum companies suggest people to avoid cell phone usage at gas stations.

Talking on mobile phones while driving is a general safety measure that everyone should follow.

The part of the statement denying talking on mobile phones while kept in charging mode without disconnecting from wall socket is also hoax. Cell phone explosions and similar damage can only be possible if the mobile equipment, the mobile phone or batteries are faulty. These accidents can happen in normal conditions as well, not only during charging. There are incidents where cell phones have exploded in pockets as well.

References:
Electromagnetic radiation
CTIA on using mobile phones at gas stations
Petroleum Equipment Institute
Report on Cell Phone Gas station explosions

User comments

Comments*
    Please enter the security code.
 
 

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.