Home Remedy for Winter Sore Throat
Make sure you have some of this ready…great recipe for sore throats and chest colds
….. makes about 2 cups
1. Two lemons thoroughly cleaned and sliced
2. Two piece of ginger about the size of your pointer and middle finger together sliced into coin size pieces
3. Honey (about 1 cup-maybe more)
In a 12-16 oz. jar combine lemon slices and sliced ginger. Pour honey (organic is best) over it slowly. This may take a little time to let the honey sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Make sure when the honey has filled in all the voids, there is enough to cover the top of the lemon slices. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”.
To serve: Spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it, and sip like tea.
Store in fridge 2-3 months.
Remember to Share…. Sharing is Caring….
The message suggests a natural, home-made health remedy to treat chest colds and sore throats in winter using Honey, Lemon and Ginger. Yes, it is a fact.
As mentioned in the claim, the procedure is to prepare a medicine ‘jelly’ for treating winter sore throats and colds – using Honey, Lemon and Ginger. The preparation is required to be stored in a fridge and whenever necessary, sip it with boiling water, like tea. This home remedy is equivalent to the well-known Ginger, Lemon and Honey Tea.
Ginger, Lemon and Honey Tea
The Ginger, Lemon and Honey tea is a sweet and spicy drink that can fight cold weather chills, flu, congestion, runny noses, coughs and sore throats.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of freshly grated ginger (need not peel it) in a tea pot, pour 1 cup of boiling water over it and let it steep for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice and honey in a large mug and later strain the ginger tea into the mug.
- Stir the mixture well to dissolve the honey, and if you like, add more honey or lemon juice.
When you consume this Honey Lemon and Ginger tea, the heat and the ginger warms you up, the steam, lemon and the ginger help clear those sinuses, and the ginger and the honey soothe your scratchy, sore throat. This is an inexpensive home medicine that has a number of nutritional benefits, also boosts your immune system.
Lemon is a great source of vitamin C, Ginger has proven anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, and Honey can help coat and soothe a sore throat. Honey is also known to be helpful in cough suppression.
So when you are suffering with winter illness, sore throat or cold, it is a good idea to try this inexpensive home remedy of Ginger, Lemon and Honey tea. And in case the symptoms persist, or aggravate, one must consult a doctor soon.
Hoax or Fact: