Florida Man Dies Attempting to Microwave a Microwave.
Florida Man Dies in Explosion After Attempting to Microwave a Microwave.
A ‘shocking’ story in circulation states that a Florida Man Dies Attempting to Microwave a Microwave. It is said the death happened in explosion during the bizarre attempt. No, as explained below, the claim is not true.
Florida Man Dies Attempting to Microwave a Microwave?
The story originated from 3rd July 2018 article on website 8shit.net. The ‘report’ starts by saying the 26-year old Florida man Bill Davis has had one of the most epic deaths after attempting to microwave a microwave. Allegedly, the man was on video call with his friends and the bored lot dared him to microwave a smaller microwave. The story says the crazy man went on to do it for the sake of fun, to make his friends laugh. Despite the claim we did not find credible report of any such incident in Florida.
The image of burnt out kitchen that comes with the story is in fact the result of a fire incident in early 2016. The damaged house belonged to Romanian and former MasterChef winner Aida Parascan. As a matter of fact, 8Shit is a satire and humor website which publishes fake news, shocking rumors and reports with incisive sarcasm, and humor. The same is described in their about page and they also carry a similar disclaimer at the bottom of their website. Another satirical website Huzlers (Huzlers.com) published the same story, making it popular.
So, the claim that a Florida man Dies attempting to Microwave a Microwave is just a hoax. The story originated from a satirical website.
Hoax or Fact: