Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone


69
24 shares, 69 points
Image about Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone
Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone

Story:

Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone!

Other Versions

16-Year-old Malaysian Sleeps with Earphones on While Phone is Charging, Gets Electrocuted to Death

Analysis:

Certain messages and disturbing pictures on social media warn people that a Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone. They say the 16-year-old Malaysian boy died of electrocution while sleeping with earphones on from a charging phone. The unfortunate accident is explained below.

Image of Malaysian Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone
Malaysian Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone

Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones

In early Dec. 2018, teenage school boy Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin died of electrocution while wearing headphones connected to his charging phone. He was found dead on the floor by his devastated mother at his home near Rembau town of Malaysia. Zahrin’s brother felt small shock-sensation when he touched the cable. After the Teen dies of electrocution using headphones from charging phone, authorities released few pictures showing blood pouring from his burnt and blackened left ear.

The exact make and model of the phone and accessories are however unclear. The sad incident is an example of possible health risks when using phones while charging.

Similar Cases

Similar unfortunate accidents of electrocution while using headphones from charging phones have happened earlier also. In Feb. 2018, Luiza Pinheiro, a 17-year-old girl from Riacho Frio in Brazil died of electrocution. She was using her charging mobile phone and the headphones ‘melted in her ears’. Her phone was destroyed by a “huge electric charge”. Reportedly, there was a lightning storm during the time. In another incident in June 2018, 22-year-old man Thath Singh from Pandyo village in Chandigarh City of India met with similar fate. He received shock while listening to music through the headphones while his mobile phone was on charging mode. In his case, there was no power supply in his house when he plugged in, and he got an electric shock when the supply was restored.

Image of Brazil Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone
Brazil Teen Dies of Electrocution Using Headphones of Charging Phone

Such accidents happen rarely and usually because of faulty mobile phone manufacturing, battery problem and low-quality chargers/accessories. Note, there are also some false stories and misinformation attributed to such incidents.

Mobile Phone Blast while Charging – Facts Analysis

So, a matter of safety, it is better not to use phone while charging. Mobile users can follow the precautions mentioned below:

  • Never use fake batteries.
  • Do not use fake mobile chargers.
  • Make sure the Battery and charger are of the same brand as mobile phone.
  • Don’t talk on phone while charging.
  • Don’t charge a wet phone.
  • Replace damaged battery immediately.
  • Don’t tamper with the battery or bring it into contact with other metal objects outside the phone.
  • Remove the connection soon after mobile charge.
  • Don’t let your battery overheat.
  • Do not place your mobile phone in very hot areas, like a cooking surface, cooking appliance, iron, or radiator.
  • Follow the instructions of manufacturer for battery usage, storage, and recharging.

Like it? Share with your friends!

69
24 shares, 69 points

0 Comments